- The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) app gives real-time traffic updates and alerts.
- WSDOT also has an infographic that shows what you should carry in your car when you travel and information about winter driving.
- We have information for consumers about auto insurance and filing claims.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners has an app called WreckCheck that walks you through the steps you need to do if you are in an auto accident and allows you to create an accident report from your phone.
Traveling by plane
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport and to get through security. Read CNN's story, Thanksgiving travel: Longer lines and tighter security.
- Get airport travel tips from the TSA.
- If you are traveling internationally, the U.S. State Department has country-specific information and alerts.
Other travel tips
- Set weather alerts for up to five locations using FEMA's mobile app.
- If you are driving to Canada, check border wait times before you choose your border crossing.
- Get information about travel insurance.
- Get information about your rights to see an out-of-network health provider while traveling.