So what does that mean for Washington consumers?
Consumer protection is part of the OIC’s mission, which is reflected in the way we do business. Our consumer advocates can help:
- Answer questions about home, auto, health, life, annuities, business and other insurance.
- Understand your insurance rights, including your health insurance appeal rights and the process.
- Understand how health reform works.
- Look into complaints against insurance companies.
- Provide you with information about your insurance options.
- Verify if an agent, agency, or company is authorized to sell insurance in Washington state.
We share information of interest to insurance consumers on this blog and through our social media channels. Many of our blog posts are generated by questions our consumer advocates receive from Washington citizens.
More resources for consumers: