The Office of the Insurance Commissioner is hiring a full-time, permanent Administrative Assistant 4 in our Special Investigations Unit (SIU), located in Tumwater. SIU investigates insurance fraud in Washington state and has the authority to conduct criminal investigations, arrest suspects and submit fraud cases to prosecutors. The unit works with federal, state and local law enforcement; insurance companies' investigators; and regulatory agencies. Read more about SIU's work.
This position is the principle administrative support for the SIU Director and works closely with a staff of seven criminal analysts and detectives to support of the unit’s mission to combat criminal insurance fraud.
- Providing administrative support to the Director and the Special Investigations Unit.
- Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and taking meeting minutes.
- Transcribing interviews.
- Preparing spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
- Managing and directing incoming assignments; monitoring deadlines and projects.
- Coordinating travel for division employees.
- Correspondence with citizens, stakeholders and partners.
- Records retention and gathering records requested under the Public Records Act.
- Providing administrative support to various stakeholder groups, including the SIU Advisory Board, and other internal and external groups.
Applicants must be able to pass a fingerprint-based background check and must maintain confidentiality about criminal investigations.
The job closes on March 31. View the full job posting and application instructions.
View all of the jobs that are currently open at OIC.