If you'd like health insurance for your kids - don't wait to enroll! You have until April 30 to get an individual health plan or add them to your coverage. (Individual plans are for people who don't get health insurance through their employer).
Until April 30,you can get health insurance for your kids without having them take a health screen.
Use this map to see which companies are available in your county. Then, contact the company directly to enroll. If you have any problems, call our Insurance Consumer Hotline at 1-800-562-6900.
The next chance to get an individual plan for your kids is Sept. 15-Oct. 31. There are some exceptions for people to enroll outside of these time periods. You must apply 31 days after one of the following events:
- You no longer qualify for a state program.
- You lose your coverage due to a divorce.
- You lose your employer's health plan (including COBRA).
- You move and your plan is not available where you live.
- Also, parents or guardians can apply year-round for a health plan with 60 days of birth, adoption.