It can tell you things like:
- Washington premiums for earthquake insurance last year ($118 million). Claims were almost nonexistent.
- Medical malpractice insurance premiums totaled ($157 million).
- Who the top 40 companies are, for each line of insurance business.
- Accident and health coverage is a $14 billion business in Washington.
- Health insurers pay out an average of nearly 86 cents for every dollar in premiums they collect.
- Mortgage guaranty insurance, due to the housing market turmoil, has seen a big surge in payouts over the past few years, and continues to lose money. Last year, these policies paid out nearly $1.76 for every dollar in premiums they collected.