Our consumer hotline (1-800-562-6900) continues to get a lot of calls from folks with questions about federal health reform, what it means, and when different provisions of the law will take effect.
Among the calls so far this week:
• When it will start?
• What are the benefits?
• How much will it cost?
• When can I enroll my dependent child who is under the age of 26? Does this apply to non-students?
• When will the pre-existing wait period be waived?
• How much is the small employer tax credits?
• How do I apply for the exchange?
• Will this open up Basic Health to enrollment this year?
We're trying to answer as best we can, although many of the details are still being worked out (and the exchanges don't take effect until 2014, sorry). We've also set up this detailed web page about the law and how it works, with special sections for its effects on different categories of people (seniors, young adults, small business owners, etc.) Take a look...