- 1,300+: Number of insurance companies, HMOs, etc. that we monitor.
- 220: Number of employees we have.
- $28 billion: How much Washingtonians spend on insurance coverage each year.
- 6,000: Number of consumer complaints we try to solve, on average, per year.
- $10 million: Amount we recover for consumers annually, on average, in delayed or wrongfully denied claims.
- 95,000: the number of agents and brokers whose testing, licensing, continuing education and performance we oversee.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Us, by the numbers...
With apologies to Harper's Index, here are some of the numbers we deal with as Washington state's insurance regulator:
Posted by Rich R. at OIC at 12:50 PM